At Lake View Dental, we want to ensure your child uses and benefits from the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
Upon your child’s arrival to their appointment, our Oral Health Therapist, Jodie, will be dressed as the Tooth Fairy. They will receive a balloon, a gift pack, a certificate with a photograph with Jodie the Tooth Fairy and her fairy helper Glitterbell.
Meet our tooth fairies
Is my Child Eligible?
Your child may be eligible for up to $1,000 in basic dental services under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule. To check if your child is eligible for this Government benefit, contact our practice today.
What is included?
Services include exams, X‐rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals, extractions and partial dentures – for children aged 2-17 years.
Your Child Dental Benefits Schedule questions answered.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) is a government program that covers part of the cost, if not the full cost, for some dental services. This service is eligible for children, up to $1,000 per child.
The benefit allows for $1,000 of dental cover per eligible child over a two-calendar year period.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is available for children* between the ages of 2 and 17 years old. The benefit is available to those children who are eligible for Medicare.
*The family of the child must receive an applicable government payment, for example, the Family Tax Benefit Part A (FTB-A).
A range of services can be provided under the CDBS including:
- Fissure sealing
- Root canals and extractions.
Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work, and cannot be paid for any services provided during a stay in hospital (including day surgery).
Child Dental Benefit Scheme (CDBS) Terms and Conditions:
- Bulk billed dental items are subject to Medicare requirements.
- Children must be aged between 2-17 years
- There are limitations to certain items numbers being performed
- Up to $1000 benefit over two consecutive calendar years per child
- Covers examinations, X-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals, extractions and partial dentures. Many of these services have claiming restrictions.
- Does not cover Orthodontic and Cosmetic dental.