If untreated, clenching and grinding can cause physical health concerns in the long term.
Although teeth grinding can worsen by stress and anxiety, it often occurs during sleep and is more likely caused by an abnormal bite, jaw and tooth position. It can also be associated with sleep breathing disorders. Another factor can be that you are unable to breath correctly through your nose.
Signs you may be clenching and grinding
- Visible tooth wear
- Stress fractures in teeth
- Waking up with dull headache
- Muscle tension/tenderness around jaw and temples
- Neck, shoulder and back pain
- Waking up tired/not sleeping restfully
- Misaligned/unstable bite
- Bony growths on palate and along-side your teeth
Clenching and grinding teeth
If you would like to discover more information about the clenching and grinding of teeth and the treatments we offer at Lake View Dental on the Sunshine Coast, contact the team today!